NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK ROUTER LOGIN
To access the settings of your Netgear Nighthawk router, you will need to log into your router. You can manage your Netgear router and configure it according to your needs. Configuring your Netgear router according to your needs give greater security and faster internet experience. To enjoy the greater benefits from your router, you first have to log into a Netgear Nighthawk router.
In this blog, we will show you how to log into your Netgear router’s web page. After logging into your Netgear router you can do things like view your network’s status and change the network’s settings. Let’s proceed to understand how to log into a Netgear Nighthawk router?
Before proceeding to steps for logging into your Netgear Nighthawk router, it is important to discuss how to connect devices.
- Turn off or unplug your modem.
- Now, take an Ethernet cable and connect one end of the cable to the yellow port on the back of the router and another end into the modem.
- Take another Ethernet cable and connect one end of the cable to the LAN port of the router and another end into the computer.
- Plug your modem into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Power on your computer and router and wait for them to power up.
How to log into a Netgear Nighthawk router?
Follow the steps which are given below to complete the login process of Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Once connected, turn on your computer and open an internet browser.
- In the address bar of your newly opened internet browser, enter the default web address of Netgear Nighthawk router which is http://routerlogin.com.
- Now, you will be directed to the admin page of your Netgear router where a login dialog box will appear on your screen.
- In the required fields, enter the default username and password of your Netgear Nighthawk.
Default username: admin
Default password: password
- Press ‘Login’ and you will get access to Netgear Nighthawk setup process.
Once you are logged in to your Netgear Nighthawk router, you will be able to do the following settings with your router.
Change your SSID
You can change the wireless network name (SSID) after logging into your router. Simply type the desired SSID name in front of the SSID field and press ‘Enter’ key.
Change your Password
If you want to change the password, you can change the Network passphrase. Enter the desired password in the passphrase field and also select the Security option. Select WPA2-PSK as it is the strongest security.
Change the channel
You can change the channel as well if you are facing low connection. You can also put a limit to bandwidth in order to control data usage.
If you want to restrict some content, monitor internet activity or manage the internet, you can control all those settings by blocking particular sites, set internet time period or prevent malicious sites from attacking your network.
What to do if you are unable to access routerlogin.com?
If you are not able to access routerlogin.com, then you can try these troubleshooting tips.
- Make sure you are using a correct web address, username and password.
Web address: www.routerlogin.com
- If routerlogin.com is not working, try logging into your Netgear Nighthawk router using the default IP address which 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- Temporarily disable all the firewalls, pop-up blockers, and ad blocking software to check if they were accusing any problem or not.
- Power-cycle your router, modem and computer.
- If none of these works, the only option left is to reset your router to its factory default settings. Press the tiny reset button with the help of a pointed object like a clip for about 10 seconds. Release the button after a few seconds and wait for the router to power up.
Note: After performing reset, any personalized settings and configurations which were made on your router will be lost.
If you still have any doubts on how to log into a Netgear Nighthawk router or if you have any query related Netgear Nighthawk setup process, then you can contact us. We have a dedicated team of router and extender experts who are available round the clock just to provide you assistance and resolve your issues. In order to get connected with them, all you need to do is to call them on their toll-free number which is available 24*7 or you can also interact with them through their live chat window.