If you want a wired printer to print wirelessly then you can do it by connecting it directly to the wireless router. After connecting to the wireless router you need to complete a basic configuration on your Windows or Mac operating system. Once you complete setting up a printer to your computer, then you can access it on your network.
Several wireless routers allow you to plug your printer directly into the router so that you can share it over your network. If you want to know how to connect Netgear router to printer, then we can help you with it. If you also have a Netgear wireless router, you can connect any printer that you wish to it. Once a printer is connected to a Netgear router, you can make it available to other computers on the same Netgear network.
How to add printer to Netgear router?
You need to follow the simple steps which are given in this section for connecting printer to Netgear router.
- First of all, take an Ethernet cable and connect its one end to the available port on the printer and the other end to the available port of the Netgear wireless router.
- Plug the printer into the wall outlet which is nearby with the help of supplied power cable.
- Now, you need to turn on your printer.
- Finally, unplug the power from the Netgear router and plug it back in after 10 seconds.
How to connect Netgear router to printer?
After connecting the printer to the Netgear wireless router, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- You need to install the software that came with your printer and follow the prompts to complete the installation process. You can reboot your computer if needed.
- Click ‘Start’ on your computer.
- Go to ‘Control Panel’, click on ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Now, you need to click on ‘Turn on Printer sharing’ and click ‘Apply’.
- Finally, you can start printing t check the printer.
Netgear router won’t connect to printer
If you are facing issues while connecting printer to Netgear router then you can check and try these troubleshooting tips.
If your Netgear router won’t connect to printer then you can try rebooting your Netgear router, computer, and printer. If this doesn’t work, check that the printer is connected properly to the Netgear router.
Make sure that you set up your Netgear router properly. Check the manual of Netgear router to make sure that you have made the correct settings. You need to restart the printing process, if there is any change in the settings of the Netgear router.
Anti-virus and Firewall
If your Netgear router won’t connect to printer then it can be sometimes due to anti-virus and firewall. You can disable the firewall and anti-virus and then try connecting printer to Netgear router.
In case, you are still facing issues while connecting printer to Netgear router, you can get connected with us. We have our in-house team of experts who can teach you how to connect Netgear router to printer. So, you can call them on their-free number and get in touch with them.